Other Transfers

Hardship Transfers
Once a student has enrolled in the school serving his or her neighborhood or in another school on transfer, the choice may not be changed during that school year except in the case of a hardship.  If a parent wishes to establish a hardship, specific reasons for the transfer request must be stated on the transfer application form. Hardship transfer requests are considered on a case-by-case basis throughout the school year.

Amarillo Area Center for Advanced Learning

Students in adjoining school districts who wish to attend the Amarillo Area Center for Advanced Learning, A.A.C.A.L., for a portion of their high school courses should complete the admissions requirements established by A.A.C.A.L.   Tuition fees for non-A.I.S.D. students are paid by the student unless there is an arrangement with the sending district.  For more information, visit the AACAL website or call 806-326-2800.

School Safety Transfers

In accordance with Board Policy FDB(LEGAL) parents may request that their child be transferred to another classroom or campus if the District has determined that the student has been a victim of bullying, sexual assault by another student, or a violent criminal offense while at school or on school grounds.  Also in accordance with legal policy and in consultation with the parent, the School Board may transfer a student who engaged in bullying to another classroom or campus. (Board policies FFI and FDE)  For more information, refer to the A.I.S.D. Student Handbook in our Students section of this website, or call your campus principal.

Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2020 Intrado Corporation. All rights reserved.