Do you have a Bachelor’s Degree or are you working on one? Has a career as a teacher ever crossed your mind? Do you desire to have a family friendly schedule or want to make a difference in our community? Becoming a fully certified teacher is within reach for anyone who has a Bachelor’s degree, or who is close to completing one.
Tapping the skills, experiences, diversity, and resources of the Amarillo community is essential to prepare every AISD student for success beyond high school.
The beginning annual salary for an Amarillo ISD full-time teacher in 2016/17 is $46,428. Amarillo ISD also adds approximately $6,000 in paid benefits and has an attractive defined benefits retirement plan through the state of Texas.
Amarillo ISD is in need of certified teachers in all areas, including:
- Elementary School: Early Childhood (PK) through 6thGrade Core Content, Bilingual
- Middle School: 6th Grade through 8th Grade Core Content
- All-Level Special Education: Early Childhood through 12th Grade Special Education
- Subject Specific: English, Math, Science, Social Studies, Art, Physical Education, Music,
- Career and Technical Education: Health Science, Criminal Justice, Engineering,
Culinary Arts, Family and Consumer Science, Business, Agriculture
Contact Laurie Ortega, 806-326-1490, or email@example.com for more information.