It is important that your child understands these rules so that we can ensure they get to school On Time, Safely and Securely, Every Time. Please help us accomplish this goal by discussing the following rules with your child prior to the start of school.
Rules defining student conduct are designed to protect the passengers and shall be observed at all times. Bus safety rules shall include - but not be limited to - the following:
- The bus driver is in charge of students on the bus. Students shall follow the driver.s directions at all times.
- Only authorized personnel and eligible bus students assigned to a specific bus are permitted to ride the bus.
- Buses will stop at established stops only. Students will not be permitted to leave the bus until the bus arrives at an established bus stop or the appropriate school. Students shall load and unload at their designated bus stop only.
- Students will wait for a bus by remaining on the sidewalk. If there is no sidewalk, students will wait next to (but not in) the street. Students must wait until the bus comes to a full stop before boarding or leaving the bus.
- Students will remain properly seated at all times and not block the center aisle. Any or all students may be assigned seats.
- Students must keep their hands, head, feet, and personal objects inside the bus at all times.
- Scuffling, shoving, or fighting is prohibited on the bus and at established bus stops.
- Littering or throwing items inside or from the bus is prohibited.
- Students are not allowed to consume food or drink on the bus. The use of all tobacco products is prohibited.
- Students shall not deface or vandalize the bus or related equipment. Students that violate this rule will be required to pay for damages.
- Students are not to engage in loud talking, yelling, and the use of profanity, inappropriate language or gestures on the bus.
- Students are not allowed to bring animals or harmful objects on the bus (i.e., weapons, drugs, alcohol, fireworks, etc.).
- Students are not to engage in any other conduct that disrupts the safe operation of the bus.
(NOTE: The above rules are listed in the AISD Student Handbook)