The Palo Duro High School Choir offers five choral ensembles involving students in grades 9 - 12. PDHS choral groups perform at a number of contests and events each year, including the Fall Concert, Christmas Concert, Battle of the Voices, Evening on Broadway, Pre-UIL Concert, UIL Concert and Sight-Reading, and the May Show. We also go Christmas caroling at neighboring nursing homes and elementary schools during the holiday season.
Palo Duro High School Choral Groups:
- Concert Choir – Our top choral ensemble comprised of students in grades 10-12. Concert Choir is a mixed choir (SATB). Members must audition to be a part of this choir
- Treble Chorale – This is an auditioned women’s choir of students in grades 9-12. An audition is required to be part of Treble Chorale.
- Men’s Choir – Consisting mainly of freshmen and students new to choir. Approval by the middle school director is needed.
- Women’s Choir – This group is open to all girls in grades 9-12 and no audition is required. However, director approval is necessary to join Women’s Choir.
- Rolling Tones – The show choir is open by audition to sophomores, juniors and seniors. Freedom Singers is the public relations ensemble for our school. They perform often in our community and in our schools.
Director: Armando Pinales
PDHS Cluster Choir Directors:
Crystal Chambers , Mann Middle School
Rod Zeman , Travis Middle School