Career & Technical Student Organizations for AISD CTE Students
CTSOs (Career & Technical Student Organizations) are a co-curricular aspect of CTE programs. CTSOs provide students with opportunities to highlight their learning through competition, develop leadership skills, earn scholarships, and network with professionals. There is a state approved CTSO for every CTE program. Below is a listing of those CTSOs with a brief description of each CTSO and a link to the official website.
DECA - Texas Association
- Distributive Education Clubs of America (DECA) prepares emerging leaders and entrepreneurs for careers in marketing, finance, hospitality and management in high schools and colleges around the globe.
- Visit https://www.texasdeca.org/ (Opens in new window) for more information.
Health Occupations Students of America (HOSA)
- HOSA provides a unique program of leadership development, motivation, and recognition exclusively for secondary, postsecondary, adult, and collegiate students enrolled in health science education and biomedical science programs or have interests in pursuing careers in health professions.
- Visit https://texashosa.org/ (Opens in new window) for more information.
SkillsUSA - Texas
- SkillsUSA is a national membership association serving high school, college and middle school students who are preparing for careers in trade, technical and skilled service occupations, including health occupations, and for further education. SkillsUSA is a partnership of students, teachers and industry working together to ensure America has a skilled workforce. SkillsUSA helps each student excel.
- Visit https://www.skillsusatx.org/ (Opens in new window) for more information.
Texas Association of Future Educators (TAFE)
- The Texas Association of Future Educators or TAFE (pronounced "taffy") is a co-curricular statewide non-profit (501 c3) student organization created to allow young men and women an opportunity to explore the teaching profession. The organization was created in 1984 to provide the best and brightest high school and middle school students in Texas with the necessary knowledge to make informed decisions about pursuing careers in education.
- Visit https://www.tafeonline.org/ (Opens in new window) for more information.
Texas FFA Association
- Texas Future Farmers of America (Texas FFA) is a dynamic student-led leadership development organization for students of agricultural education. The FFA changes lives and prepares students for premier leadership, personal growth and career success. Agriculture is a very broad field of study. Members study things like landscaping, floriculture, animal science, computer applications, accounting, environmental science, mechanics and engineering. Regardless of an FFA member’s career choice, the FFA provides opportunities to build and apply math, science, technology and leadership skills to their life.
- Visit https://www.texasffa.org/ (Opens in new window) for more information.