New Hire Benefits Information
Welcome to Amarillo ISD!
All benefits selection is done online. You must be on a District computer to complete your benefits.
In order to complete your benefits enrollment, please follow these steps:
- Step 1 – Review the online New Hire Benefits Guide by clicking the link below (PDF guide will be emailed to you) or schedule to attend a New Hire Orientation Session (this is optional) by clicking HERE. SCHEDULING AN ORIENTATION SESSION DOES NOT EXTEND YOUR 30 DAY PERIOD TO ENROLL.
- Step 2 - Login to PeopleSoft following these instructions:
- Go to https://www.amaisd.org
- Click on Staff (top right corner of website)
- Click on PeopleSoft
- Log into PeopleSoft with your username & password
- Click on the Main Menu drop down menu & select AISD for employees > Self Service home
- On your Self Service home page, scroll down and select Benefits Enrollment
- Step 3 – Only enter selections from Medical to Long Term Disability. Please do not make any changes after Long Term Disability.
- Step 4 - Once you have completed your enrollment, email the benefits office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Step 5 - Change your mailing address with Human Resources if it has changed since you have been hired (or signed your contract).
If you need assistance, please contact Iliana Ortiz, Benefits Specialist, at 806-326-1475 or by email at email@example.com.
You have 30 days from the 1st day of your employment to complete your benefits selection. Signing up for the Orientation meeting does not extend your 30 days window to select benefits. After 30 days, you will be assigned our default benefits and will not be able to increase benefits until our Open Enrollment in May for coverage beginning July 1.
Even if you have medical insurance through another source, you still have to decline the District’s coverage and make your beneficiary elections for the life insurance (based upon position) provided by the District.