Driver Education Provided by Amarillo ISD
2023 Driver Education Virtual Classroom Instruction
Driver Ed Virtual Classroom Instruction is available for 2023. Check back here for more class sections that will be available in the future.
October/November 2023 Virtual Classroom Instruction:
- Virtual Classroom Instruction will begin on Monday, October 16, 2023, and concludes on Friday, November 10, 2023.
- Assignments are posted on Google Classroom, Mondays – Thursdays for 16 days
- Fridays, at the end of each week, are designated makeup days
- NEW REGULATIONS: Students can now complete the required 32-hour course faster by working on multiple daily assignments up to six hours per day
Following registration, an email will be sent with a payment link. Registration is now open to students who meet the criteria below.
- Must be an AISD Student with a valid AISD email account.
- Must be fifteen (15) to seventeen and one-half (17.5) years of age on day of enrollment.
- Must have technology device (computer, laptop, Chromebook) with camera, audio capabilities, and internet access.
- Daily classroom instruction and assignments are Monday-Friday for four weeks. The course must be completed within the scheduled period. No extension. No refunds.
- Students work on the course a minimum of two hours per day, per Texas Driver Education Laws.
- Attendance mandatory -- Any absences require makeup lessons to earn the 32 classroom hours. Enrollment dropped on the fifth (5th) absence.
- All instruction will be virtual with definite starting and ending dates. Instructors will be available for conferences with students or parents during their posted office hours.
- Texas Driver Ed DE-964 certificates will be available a week after course completion (depending on school/holiday calendar)
- Students are required to take a written test at the Department of Public Safety to obtain a permit. There is an additional fee at the DPS.
- After obtaining a permit, students must also complete a behind-the-wheel instruction course. This can be a parent taught program or with a local commercial driving school.
Total cost is $125.00 ($120.00 classroom instruction and $5.00 Texas Driver Education Certificate DE-964E). No refunds.
Driver Education Virtual Classroom Registration Form:
If you need further information, please contact Linda Wilson at firstname.lastname@example.org.