Driver Education Provided by Amarillo ISD
2022 Driver Education Virtual Classroom Instruction
Driver Ed Virtual Classroom Instruction is available for 2022. Check back here for more class sections that will be available in the spring/summer.
THE JANUARY/FEBRUARY CLASS IS FULL. Check back in March for enrollment details regarding the April 2022 class.
January/February Virtual Classroom Instruction (does not include In-Car Instruction):
- Virtual Classroom Instruction begins Tuesday, January 18, 2022, and concludes February 8, 2022 (a total of 16 days, which is comprised of 32 hours of Virtual Classroom Instruction).
- The makeup days for absences will be Wednesday, February 9, 2022, through Saturday, February 12, 2022.
Following registration, an email will be sent with a payment link. Registration is now open to students who meet the criteria below.
- Must be an AISD Student with a valid AISD email account.
- Must be fifteen (15) to seventeen and one-half (17.5) years of age on day of enrollment.
- Must have technology device (computer, laptop, Chromebook) with camera, audio capabilities, and internet access.
- Daily classroom instruction and assignments are Monday-Friday for four weeks. The course must be completed within the scheduled period. No extension. No refunds.
- Students work on the course a minimum of two hours per day, per Texas Driver Education Laws.
- Attendance mandatory -- Any absences require makeup lessons to earn the 32 classroom hours. Enrollment dropped on the fifth (5th) absence.
- All instruction will be virtual with definite starting and ending dates. Instructors will be available for conferences with students or parents during their posted office hours.
- Texas Driver Ed DE-964 certificates will be available a week after course completion.
- Students are required to take a written test at the Department of Public Safety to obtain a permit. There is an additional fee at the DPS.
- After obtaining a permit, students must also complete a behind-the-wheel instruction course. This can be a parent taught program or with a local commercial driving school.
Total cost is $80.00 ($76.00 classroom instruction and $4.00 Texas Driver Education Certificate DE-964E). No refunds.
Driver Education Virtual Classroom Registration Form:
If you need further information, please contact Linda Wilson at email@example.com.